Carrot Cakes are the easiest of cakes to bake at home and in this winter season when carrots are available in plenty. Serve Whole Wheat Carrot Cake as a teatime snack along with a cup of tea, coffee or hot cocoa.
- 1/2 cup (tea) oil
- 3 grated medium carrots
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (tea) sugar
- 2 and 1/2 cups (tea) whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
If you decide for a chocolate cover:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons chocolate powder
- 1 cup (tea) sugar
- 1 cup (tea) milk
How to make:
- In a blender, add the carrot, eggs and oil, then mix.
- Add the sugar and beat again for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl or mixer, add the flour and then mix again.
- Add yeast and mix slowly with a spoon.
- Use in a preheated oven at 180°C for approximately 40 minutes.
How to make cover:
- Pour butter, chocolate powder, sugar and milk into a bowl, then mix.
- Bring the mixture to the fire and continue mixing until a creamy consistency is obtained, then pour the syrup over the cake.